In addition to the Office’s duty to carry out its operations to achieve the objectives as set out in section 43 paragraph one, the Office shall have the duty to perform academic and administrative tasks for the Committee, the commission supervising the Office of Personal Data Protection Committee, the expert committee, and the sub-committee. The Office shall also have the following duties and power:
(1) to draft the master plan on the operation for the promotion and protection of Personal Data, which are consistent with policies, national strategies and relevant national plans, and to draft the master plan and corrective measures regarding the difficulties in carrying out such policies, national strategies and national plans in order to propose to the Committee;
(2) to promote and support the research for the development of technology relating to the protection of Personal Data;
(3) to analyze and certify the compliance with and accuracy of the standards or measures, or the supervision mechanism in connection with Personal Data protection, as well as to review and certify the Personal Data protection policy according to section 29;
(4) to conduct surveys, collect information, and follow the latest updates and trends on Personal Data protection, as well as to conduct analysis and research on Personal Data protection issues that affect the country’s development, to propose to the Committee.
(5) to liaise with the public sector, state enterprises, local government administration, public organizations, or other organizations of the country regarding Personal Data protection;
(6) to provide consultations to government agency and private agency in acting in compliance with this Act;
(7) to act as the center to provide academic services or services related to Personal Data protection to the government agency, private agencies, and the public, including to promote and provide knowledge and understanding regarding Personal Data protection;
(8) to establish course outlines and provide training of the performance of the Data Controller, Data Processor, data protection officer, employees, service providers, or the people in general;
(9) to enter into agreements and cooperate with organizations or agencies both domestic and international, in the matters relating to the Office’s operation carried out under the Office’s duties and power, upon obtaining the approval from the Committee;
(10) to follow-up on and evaluate compliance with this Act;
(11) to carry out other duties as assigned by the Committee, the commission supervising the Office of Personal Data Protection Committee, the expert committee, or the sub- committee, or as specified by law.