Notification of data subjects
(1) If special legislation provides for or requires notifying data subjects of the processing of their personal data, especially in the case of undercover operations, such notification shall include at least the following information:
1. the information listed in Section 55;
2. the legal basis for the processing;
3. the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
4. the categories of recipients of the personal data, if any;
5. where necessary, further information, in particular where the personal data were collected without the knowledge of the data subject.
(2) In the cases of subsection 1, the controller may postpone, limit or refrain from notification if and so long as
1. the performance of the tasks listed in Section 45,
3. the legally protected interests of third parties would otherwise be threatened, if the interest in avoiding these threats overrides the interest of the data subject in the information.
(3) If the notification relates to the transfer of personal data to the authorities for the protection of the Constitution, the Federal Intelligence Service, the Military Counterintelligence Service and, as far as the security of the Federation is affected, other authorities of the Federal Ministry of Defence, such notification shall be permitted only with the approval of these bodies.
(4) Section 57 (7) shall apply accordingly in case of restriction pursuant to subsection 2.