Processing of special categories of personal data
(1) The processing of special categories of personal data shall be allowed only where strictly necessary for the performance of the controller’s tasks.
(2) If special categories of personal data are processed, appropriate safeguards for the legally protected interests of the data subject shall be implemented. Appropriate safeguards may be in particular
1. specific requirements for data security or data protection monitoring;
2. special time limits within which data must be reviewed for relevance and erasure;
3. measures to increase awareness of staff involved in processing operations;
4. restrictions on access to personal data within the controller;
5. separate processing of such data;
6. the pseudonymization of personal data;
7. the encryption of personal data; or
8. specific codes of conduct to ensure lawful processing in case of transfer or processing for other purposes.