Website terms and disclaimer
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 This disclaimer shall govern your use of our website.
- 1.2 By using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full; accordingly, if you disagree with this
disclaimer or any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
- 2. Copyright notice
- 2.1 Copyright (c) 2015-2020 Proteus-Cyber Ltd.
- 2.2 Subject to the express provisions of this disclaimer:
- (a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual
property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- (b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our
website are reserved.
- 3. Permission to use website
- 3.1 You may:
- (a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
- (b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser; and
- (c) print pages from our website, providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive,
- subject to the other provisions of this disclaimer.
- 3.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of this disclaimer, you must not
download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- 3.3 You may only use our website for your own personal and non-commercial business purposes; you must not
use our website for any other purposes.
- 3.4 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- (a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- (b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- (c) show any material from our website in public;
- (d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- (e) redistribute material from our website.
- 3.5 We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to our website, to areas of our website and/or to
functionality upon our website. We may, for example, suspend access to the website during server maintenance
or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any
access restriction measures on the website.
- 4. Misuse of website
- 4.1 You must not:
- (a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website
impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security of the website;
- (b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection
unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- (c) hack or otherwise tamper with our website;
- (d) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website without our permission;
- (e) circumvent any authentication or security systems or processes on or relating to our website;
- (f) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material
consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger,
other malicious computer software;
- (g) impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources (including bandwidth, storage
- (h) decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to our website without our permission;
- (i) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation
data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our
- (j) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means,
for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- (k) use our website except by means of our public interfaces;
- (l) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website;
- (m) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without
email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing); or
- (n) do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website.
- 4.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or
- 4.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our
website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- 5. Limited warranties
- 5.1 We do not warrant or represent:
- (a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- (b) that the material on the website is up to date;
- (c) that the website will operate without fault; or
- (d) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- 5.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing
our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent
expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other
payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- 5.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 6.1, we exclude all
representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, our website and the use of
- 6. Limitations and exclusions of liability
- 6.1 Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- (a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- (b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- (d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- 6.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 6 and elsewhere in this
- (a) are subject to Section 6.1; and
- (b) govern all liabilities arising under this disclaimer or relating to the subject matter of this
disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach
statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer.
- 6.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of
charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- 6.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our
- 6.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of
or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial
opportunities or goodwill.
- 6.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- 6.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- 7. Variation
- 7.1 We may revise this disclaimer from time to time.
- 7.2 The revised disclaimer shall apply to the use of our website from the time of publication of the revised
disclaimer on the website.
- 8. Severability
- 8.1 If a provision of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful
and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- 8.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of this disclaimer would be lawful or enforceable if part
of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in
- 9. Law and jurisdiction
- 9.1 This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- 9.2 Any disputes relating to this disclaimer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of
- 10. Statutory and regulatory disclosures
- 10.1 Our VAT number is GB 991 1452 13.
- 11. Our details
- 11.1 This website is owned and operated by Proteus-Cyber Ltd.
- 11.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 07239733, and our registered office is
at Greendale, Ray Park Road, Maidenhead SL6 8QU, United Kingdom.
- 11.3 Our principal place of business is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, United Kingdom.
- 11.4 You can contact us:
- (a) by post, to the postal address given in 11.3 above;
- (b) using our website contact form;
- (c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
- (d) by email, using the email address published on our website.
- 12. Terms applying additionally to Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (“CVE”) content on our
- 12.1 CVE and the CVE logo are registered trademarks of The MITRE Corporation. CVE is sponsored by the U.S.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). Copyright ©
1999–2020, The MITRE Corporation.
- 12.2 Use of the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE®) List and the associated references from this
website (specifically content found at url https://proteuscyber.com/threat/box) are subject also to the
terms contained in this section 12.
- 12.3 MITRE hereby grants you a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense,
and distribute Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE®). Any copy you make for such purposes is
authorized provided that you reproduce MITRE's copyright designation and this license in any such copy.
- 12.4 All documents and the information contained therein provided by Mitre are provided on an "as is" basis
and the contributor, the organisation he/she represents or is sponsored by (if any), the Mitre Corporation,
its board of trustees, officers, agents, and employees, disclaim all warranties, express or implied,
including but not limited to any warranty that the use of the information therein will not infringe any
rights or any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.